Relacs I.V. Sedation
Sedation Dentistry – Free Yourself From Dental Fear
Many put off visiting the dentist due to apprehension and fear, missing out on important dental work in the process. With IV sedation dentistry, the days of letting fear stop you from achieving a bright new smile are over. Get A Free Relacs Sedation Dentistry Consultation!
IV Sedation at An Amzing Smile Dentistry in Tempe
It is estimated that as much as 75% of U.S. adults experience some sort of dental fear. This apprehension is understandable; however it can also be very detrimental. Oral health depends upon early detection and prevention, and those with dental anxiety may develop serious teeth or periodontal problems that could have been prevented. No need to worry though. With IV sedation dentistry offered by An Amazing Smile During Your Appointment
First, a medication is given to you through an intravenous line which will reduce your stress and help you relax. However, you’ll still have the ability to verbally and physically respond to instructions. As your dental needs are treated, you’ll stay calm and comfortable.
Once your treatment is finished:
- Rest and avoid hazardous or exerting activities.
- Have someone pick you up and take you home.
- Don’t drive a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- It’s best to avoid eating heavy meals immediately following your procedure.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and follow the medication directions provided by our office.
- If you experience any issues or problems, call our office.
The Benefits of IV Sedation
- IV sedation takes effect quickly, and can be catered to your individual needs.
- During the process, the gag reflex is greatly reduced, providing a better level of comfort.
- A deeper level of sedation can be achieved with IV sedation as opposed to nitrous or oral sedation.
- You’ll stay aware and conscious as the procedure is completed, allowing you full verbal and physical response capabilities.
Your overall health is of utmost importance. That’s why discovering and preventing oral health issues early on is crucial. Don’t let fear delay you from seeking the oral health care you need. Contact our office about IV sedation today!