Oral cancer screenings help diagnose cancer and other diseases in the early stages of development. We are committed to providing you with the care you need to treat oral cancer and improve your health. Call An Amazing Smile, PLLC at 480-993-3696 to set up an appointment with our experienced dentist, Dr. Zena Alshukri, and learn more about oral cancer screening in Tempe, Arizona.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, mouth, tongue, cheeks, throat, sinuses and hard palate. Oral cancer is one of the more easily treatable cancers, but only when it is caught in its earliest stages. However, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into more advanced, serious stages and become highly difficult to treat. Like any cancer, oral cancer can be life-threatening. Because of this, we are dedicated to providing regular oral cancer screenings to check for disease and get you the necessary treatment to protect your overall health. This screening will usually take place during your regular dental checkups with our dentist and team.
The following are the most common symptoms of oral cancer. If you are experiencing any of the below symptoms, we encourage you to reach out to our dentist and team as soon as possible for an appointment:
- A sore throat that will not go away or frequently returns, or a feeling that you have something caught in the back of your throat
- Bleeding in the mouth with no clear or apparent explanation
- A lasting sore on the face, neck or mouth that does not go away or heal within two weeks
- Unexplained pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Any lumps, bumps, rough or tender spots on your lips, gums or any other part of your mouth
- Red, white or spotted patches in or on the mouth
- Increasing difficulty in chewing, swallowing or speaking
- A change in the bite of teeth or dentures, or how they meet together
Our dentist and team will check for these symptoms during every screening to help ensure you and your smile stay in good health. If you have any questions about oral cancer, we encourage you to contact us today.